The Niagara Escarpment Commission is continuing to provide services.
The health and the well-being of our visitors and staff is our top priority.
We have made the following changes in operations and programs effective immediately:
Our offices in Georgetown and Owen Sound are now open to the public in a limited capacity. In order to ensure a safe and secure environment for staff and clients, the NEC requires that you schedule an appointment to meet with staff in person. The NEC will also continue to provide services via telephone and email.
To schedule an appointment:
For the Georgetown office:
- By telephone: 905-877-4812
- By email: email@example.com
For the Owen Sound office:
The Niagara Escarpment Commission continues to hold virtual Commission meetings. For more information on scheduling and items moving forward, please continue to monitor updates posted on the Commission Meetings section of our website.
Development Permit Applications:
- The Niagara Escarpment Commission is continuing to accept new Development permit applications electronically and by mail or courier. Once all information is received, we will work to process them.
- Note: The NEC is receiving an unprecedented number of applications and property inquiries, and our response times are delayed as a result. We ask for your patience during this busy time. We will respond to requests in the order in which they are received.
- For Development permit applications that have received conditional approval, the NEC will issue a Development Permit when all conditions have been addressed.