You can send any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com, and our staff will respond as quickly as possible.
The Niagara Escarpment Commission (NEC) has implemented a hybrid meeting solution for scheduled Commission meetings using Microsoft Teams web conferencing services.
Typical agenda items brought forward during the hybrid Commission meetings include:
- Items related to appeal or litigation
- Items related to a Niagara Escarpment Plan Amendment
- Development associated with a critical service
- Items related to a Restoration Order
Members of the public will have the ability to listen and/or watch meeting proceedings and participate, where appropriate, as outlined below.
How to watch (or listen to) a hybrid Commission meeting
Microsoft Teams is a video conferencing tool. To join our hybrid Commission meeting, a telephone or a built-into-the-device audio system on a desktop computer, tablet or mobile device is required. You do not need a Microsoft Teams account to join a meeting.
If you wish to watch or listen to a hybrid Commission meeting, you must register via email. Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting access. Once your registration has been confirmed, you will be emailed a link containing an invite to the meeting.
Open your email invite and click Join the meeting
On your browser, you will be asked how you want to join the Teams meeting:
- If you have downloaded, installed, and previously used the application, you can click “Open your Teams app” to access the meeting.
- You can access the meeting through your browser by clicking “Continue on this browser”. Please be aware the connection may lag, causing the audio/video to become distorted on occasion.
- Alternatively, you can “Download the Windows (or Mac) app” and install the application. Please note: you need to have, or will need to create, a Microsoft account (@outlook or @hotmail or Office365).
A pop-up box will appear and Microsoft Teams will ask you for permission to access your microphone and camera, click “Allow”.
You will be directed to the preview screen. Before proceeding to the meeting, enter your name and turn off the camera and microphone by sliding the button to the left.
Click Join Now (blue/purple button above). You will now be entered into the meeting.
You may be asked to turn off your camera to speed up your internet connection and save internet usage. Information related to the meeting agenda such as maps and presentations will be shared via screen-sharing during the meeting. You will be asked to mute yourself when you are not speaking.
How to participate in a meeting
If you want to make a presentation to the Commission related to an agenda item, you must notify NEC staff at least five days before the meeting.
Written submissions must also be received at least five days in advance of the meeting.
Requests to present to the Commission on an item not on the agenda must be vetted by the Commission at its monthly meeting. If the Commission agrees to receive the presentation, it will be scheduled for a future meeting.